Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Small Gathering @ LRS...

Well, I've slowly and I emphasis slowly painting some MRRC figures to fill the recently aquired Carrera double-decker grandstands. I go on record now by saying, "Painting little plastic figures absolutely sucks!!!" I really need a light magnifier to do these. However, they are decent enough for now. Later, I might do the additional washes to bring out the detail more. This already represents hours of my life that have gone by.



I used a toothpick to do the eyes and lens of the shades.


I also mixed my own colors for the clothing and accesories.


I did do a wash of sorts on the Grease Monkey. He had to be dirty.


The Marshalls and yes, every corner has a yellow flag. The 4 right flags were made from a piece of wire and a print our of color on the PC. It works for me.




I got a long way to go for a good sized crowd. A club memeber said that I've got the Practice Session crowd right now. The good thing is they can be added little by little. I see pre-painted Carrera figures in my future to save the cross-eyed headache of painting them myself.


I also used the same self-stick vinyl as I did on the grandstand to do a finish line effect with 1/2 inch white squares. I like the look and hope they hold up to the cars and guides rolling over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment