Thursday, March 4, 2010

So Close I Can Taste It...

I finally got everything I need to finish the track this week. The Carlson timing track and the Trackmate interface. The rest of the needed Sport borders arrived today along with a Slot It controller I picked up from the same guy at a great price.

My buddy is coming over this Saturday to get all the timing stuff installed which also includes a track call button. Hopefully, we get it all working without a hitch.

Then all I have to do is cut the wood to raise the infield areas up to track level and also act as the inside borders for the cars. Also, marking the lanes with a touch of color with my buddy's pin stripping tool.

Then it will be all about getting the rest of the basement organized and clean up for make room for all the racers.

March 20th is right around the corner. This will be the first race night for our club on my track.
I'm hosting an all Ninco IROC Race.

The following cars will be run...
Porsche 997 with NC5
N1 Series Corvette with NC11
Mercedes DTM with NC2
and
Pro Truck with NC7.

Yes, you read that right. We're racing the truck. I think it will determine who the winner is too.
It will be interesting with the various motors too.

No comments:

Post a Comment